Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Lemon Cranberry Muffins

Lemon Cran Muffins
There is nothing like a good muffin in the morning.

My main muffin problem is that most of my recipes (at least the ones I haven't worn out) are either too rich, too healthy (a.k.a bland), or too savory for breakfast. I have a few muffins that I make regularly but I was looking for something new.

Of course the first place I looked was on food blogs. I found a great recipe on Weekly Dish under Jennifer's muffin category. The recipe sounded simple and used buttermilk (truly the best baking ingredient besides chocolate). They were such a hit with my husband and mother-in-law that I made them again a week later. I wouldn't be surprised if I make them yet again when my parents come to visit this weekend. They're so easy yet so moist and divine. It's a very versatile recipe, too. This past time I added fresh blueberries and you could add practically any fruit (dried or fresh) that you like. Or skip the fruit and just add chocolate.

Lemon Cranberry Muffins

4 comments:

jef said...

Muffins! Will you be adding an entry to Muffin Monday this time around? There's a link to it over on IMBB, you should enter.

Dianka said...

These look delicious. I love muffins and I've never tried a recipe with buttermilk, I really need to. Hope all is well with you, hope we can get together soon!

Gourmetish said...

Oh, I should try to make some new muffins for Muffin Monday when I get back from my trip. Thanks, Jef. Dianka, hopefully we can get together in May. You should definitely try this recipe. It's easy and the muffins are so moist!

Anonymous said...

Hi,


I am writing to inform you about Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale, a national campaign that mobilizes Americans to help end childhood hunger by having a bake sale in their community. Now in its’ fourth year, over 1 million people have participated in the campaign to aid the 12 million children in America who are at risk of hunger. The campaign, which runs through August, was recently promoted by celebrity chef Rachael Ray on ABC.

Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale offers a unique way for you to connect with your readers about the severity of childhood hunger in America while providing them with a simple and fun way of how they can fight it. Perhaps you can include information about the campaign in a section of this blog?

I was unable to find an email in which to contact you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and I can provide you more information about the campaign.

Thank you,

Mercedes
Share Our Strength
mbent@strength.org
(800) 761- 4227