Sunday, June 11, 2006

Longboarder Cafe (Oceanside, CA)

Finally I remembered to bring a camera! This afternoon my husband and I went to the Longboarder Cafe in Oceanside for what is most likely the tenth time. We love this cafe for a late breakfast or lunch. The prices can't be beat, the food is good, and the atmosphere is relaxing (noisy, but relaxing).

If you want to go to Longboarder, don't go hungry. Or at least be prepared for a long wait on the weekends. I've never had to wait more than a half hour but I'm sure there are times when the late is longer. It's a very popular spot on for breakfast and lunch on the weekends (it's only open until 2pm).

The decor is one of the best things about the cafe. Most walls are painted with beach murals and the rest of the walls are covered with surf memorbilia. There are even two stained-glass windows in the front of a beach and woodies (photo upload is being stupid all of a sudden).

Only one block from the beach, the Longboarder cafe is the perfect addition to your day at the beach. It has a great view of the Oceanside Library (the nicest part of Oceanside, in my opinion)and you can usually feel the ocean breeze through the front door.

Oceanside Library
After another twenty minutes (or more) of waiting once we were seated, we finally got our order. I had the short stack of french toast (less than $5) with a side of hash browns ($1.99). My hubby ordered the California omelet (avocado, mushrooms, tomato, cheese, sour cream, bacon..it's huge!) which comes with potatoes (of your choice) and toast for less than $7.

Almond French Toast
I personally think their almond french toast is their best menu item but my husband likes their big omelets and sandwiches. It's definitely diner food but it's great for the price. If you don't believe me you can ask Rorie (from Milk and Honey) or Lisa (from Comfort Food/In a Nutshell) since I met them there once for lunch.

So if you've never made it up (or down) to Oceanside and always wondered what's going on in the land of the marines; check out Longboarder for breakfast or lunch.

Longboarder Cafe
228 N Coast Hwy
Oceanside, CA 92054
760.721.6776

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, whaddya know - Blogger works from the UCSD library! Must be my sad little laptop at home, poor thing. And, yes, the Almond French Toast at the Longboarder is mighty good. That was such fun, let's do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

Yum...I love eating there too!

Anonymous said...

wonderful atmosphere, great food, affordable pricing and professional staff....great experience