Thursday, March 16, 2006

St. Patrick's Day Bonanza: Irish Brown Bread


Irish Brown Bread
You know that saying that "man cannot live by bread alone"? I disagree. This woman can live on bread. Especially freshly baked bread.

Tonight I made Irish Brown Bread in honor of St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. I assumed it was the same as Boston Brown Bread but now I realize it's not Boston Brown Bread without molasses (that seems to be the key ingredient). So that will be another loaf for another day. Tonight we celebrate the Irish.

Irish Brown Bread with Celtic Cheddar Cheese

A Slice of Irish Brown Bread with Celtic Cheddar Cheese



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to make Irish Soda bread! Good to know it works well with cheese :)!

Gourmetish said...

Hi Rorie! I've never made Irish Soda Bread before (partly because I don't like raisins but I heard it's great with currants).

Actually, this is different than Irish Soda bread. This brown bread is easy to make and very yummy but also very filling. Makes a great snack.