Thursday, March 16, 2006

Midnight Snack: Greek Nachos

Greek Nachos

Thanks to my husband I am now on a complete night-time schedule. I wake up in the late afternoon and go to bed a little bit before morning. It's not a good schedule for the body but I would never see my husband if I weren't on this schedule. I'm promising myself that I will start a day-time schedule again in a month or two. Hopefully he'll be switched to day crew by June.

So I haven't been eating well on this new schedule. Breakfast is around 1pm. Lunch around 8 or 9pm and then a snack around midnight (or later). Most of these "meals" are really snacks.

Tonight I needed something substantial around midnight but was too lazy to make a meal. I saw the tortilla chips on the counter and knew that I had cheese in the fridge but I didn't want regular ol' cheddar nachos. So I mixed it up.

This is what I came up with....

Greek Nachos

Tortilla Chips (pita chips would probably work great too)
English cucumber, diced
Cherry red or golden tomatoes, diced and seeded
Pepperoncini, sliced
Olives, diced (optional)
Roasted Red Pepper, diced (optional)
Shredded Mozzerella
Crumbled Feta (Trader Joe's Mediterannean feta)
Fresh ground black pepper
Dried Oregano
Crushed Red pepper flakes, to taste

It was just a late-night idea/craving but it actually ended up tasting great!

Greek Nachos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just can't keep up with all of your wonderfully delicious posts! These are something I could eat everyday, I believe. Yum. I bet they taste even better at midnight.

Anonymous said...

I love nachos. Any time of day! I never thought to make non-Mexican style nachos before, though.