Friday, February 17, 2006

Grilled Cheese on Focaccia

Okay, this is my second grilled cheese sandwich of the day. I was planning on waiting until tomorrow to make my next one but all we have is cheese and bread in the house so I didn't have a choice!

I bought some cheese and tomato focaccia and spread some pesto and roasted garlic on the inside of the sandwich. Then I added Singleton's cheese from England which tastes exactly like sharp cheddar. I also added roasted red pepper and shavings of asiago cheese (my favorite cheese for sandwiches and burgers).


I grilled the sandwich on my grill pan and used a heavy pot to make it more like a panini (sorry, no fancy panini maker yet!). Right before the cheese melted completely I added a few leaves of baby spinach.

This sandwich was excellent. Nothing special but definitely excellent.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooooohhh, heavenly! I love Asiago for sammiches too but I could not find it at my local market. Sigh.

I don't have a panini maker too (unlike lucky ole Alicat - did you see that beauty on her site?). But I like using my big ole pan to squish the living daylights out of my sammich. Should I worry about my sadistic instincts?

Anonymous said...

Yum.

Anonymous said...

Geesh, it's a cheese sandwich smorgasboard around here! The foccacia one sounds especially divine.